Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Suicide at 12???

Read the news about a girl who committed suicide for not getting her expected results for UPSR. Hmm..... I feel sorry for the girl and her family.

She is only 12, have not lived to the fullest yet, so many things to go through in life. UPSR is important, but not getting As does not mean it is end of the world.

I know some parents are really pushing too hard on their children's studies even at a very young age. Hey, they are just kids. Yes, you need to dicipline them while they are still young, but please don't be so hard on them. Mama used to push us in our studies, but at a moderate amount. She encourage us, showed us the benefits of having good education and not just to settle down for cukup makan results. But if we failed, she never scolded us really bad, always remind us to try harder next time. It is not the end of the world yet. We had to dicipline ourselves with our timetable. Ada masa makan, tengok tv, main, and study and lepak!

I remembered when I got my UPSR results. I was so frustrated to get B for my maths. I was very confident to get A. And I remembered crying so hard, but mama made me realised that day that I'm just a kid. There will always be more exams to show that I'm good in Maths. When I was in my final year in Beseri, Mama had always sent letters reminding me not to be too active in my debate society. I was travelling here and there for debate competition, but one thing good about MRSM, I got personal tutions from my teachers. She still did the same thing when I was in Canberra. Hantar surat/poslaju. Ingat kan apa, rupanya reminder suruh study, jangan nak main-main kat oversea. Hehehehe.

Nowadays, competition is very tight even in primary school. My nephew had to settle for number 4 in class last year as his name starts from H (Hariz). No. 1-4 achieved the same mark. Hmmm.... Being single, that is one thing I don't have to worry (yet to worry) about children education. But I can always voice my concerns to my nephew and nieces. Between my siblings, I envy ayong for his brain, I envy kakteh for her hardwork. She really proved herself and her family that she is like the rest of us, slow and steady. Adik, hmm... he is the rajin one. Always consistence. Me??? the last minute one. Hehehehehe.

But something need to be done to our education syllabus. Banyak hampeh la. Okay la, have to stop now. Nak balik.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

Tue Nov 11, 06:47:00 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home