Friday, January 04, 2008

Death, Sickness, To Live

I woke up at almost 8am this morning. Tidur lena sungguh last night, payah betul nak bangun. I heard few phone calls since 7am, but my mind was still sleeping, did not bother to answer. Then I saw I had 4 missed calls from my maklong. I was worried if anything happened to her or opah (Opah is warded at GH since Sunday). When I called back, maklong said that one of my very close friend's father (who is also a very close family friend) passed away this morning at 4am. It was Pakcik Ibrahim, Saiful's father.

I had known Saiful since 2001, we had remained close although he moved to Miri last 3 years. And we found out that his mom is a good friend to my maklong and my mom. And his family knows opah very well. I always lepak his house, although when Saiful was not around. Arwah pakcik will always call me for dinner at his house. Makcik pulak masak sedap, hehehe, orang bujang macam saya memang best la balik office makan home cook meal. Sometimes I will decline, with excuse that I have dinner function or I have to work late (ye lah, segan la asyik makan free aja), but Makcik will definately tapau and make sure I will get the food. Arwah pakcik has always treated me like a family, and if I lama tak jenguk dia, he will call and ask "Ida ni dah sombong sangat tak nak jenguk pakcik". The past 4 years he has been in-out hospital for quite sometime. And I always make sure I visit him. I went to his house last 3 weeks to deliver adik's invitation, but found out that he was in GH again. Last I saw arwah pakcik was at Saiful's wedding last year and he looked good. This morning, arwah passed away peacefully at 4am at age 72.

I went to pay my last respect for arwah pakcik this morning with maklong. On the way back, maklong update me with Opah's condition. She is really in pain, and none of the pain killers do any good. Opah will have to go for a head scan this monday as her headache is continuous that she couldn't take it anymore. I've spoken with her over the phone yesterday, she reminded me not to fight with mama at least until the kenduri is settled. Hmm...

I'm sleeping at GH tonight, releasing my aunts for one night. As I will be busy from tomorrow onwards with all the last minute things to do for adik's kenduri, I guess not sleeping tonight should not be a problem. Opah needs 100% attention. None of my aunts will leave opah on her own. They are pastering Epi to bring opah home where she will be more comfortable at her own house, but Epi said no, this time must stay a bit longer. Hmm.....

Last night, a friend of mine sent a sms saying that her daughter (5 years old) is having a heart problem and will be admitted to IJN next week. I hope she has the strength to go through it, and I pray her daughter will get well soon. Although she is only 5, but she knows she has illness. Whenever I visit them, I always hear her daughter said "Ain tahu Ain sakit kan aunty Aida, tapi kan Ain kuat, Ain kena kuat untuk mama Ain"

I wish I can have Ain's strength......

2 Comments:

Blogger 13may said...

hmmm...mcm mcm benda terjadi sekrg...

ps: AlFatihah untuk bapa saiful

Sun Jan 06, 08:43:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger Channel 11.5 said...

Thanks 13may. All things happened to people that I love and care make me always think that my life is not that bad. I'm healty, boleh makan, fikir, berjalan, takde cacat. So I should bersyukur lebih and think that there are more things in this world I can do good about it.

Take care 13may.

Mon Jan 07, 12:14:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home