Tuesday, January 24, 2006

SINGAPORE - PART 2

Ok people. Sorry la, balik Kuching demam & batuk tak sudah!

Okay, my Singapore trip during the Xmas weekend was great. I spent 2 nights at my very close friend's house (Aminah Azirah) at Upper Boon Keng Road. The night I arrived, Minah made sure that she tapau nasi ayam tong seng. Very yummy! She bought from kedai kopi TongSeng which is opposite Bugis shopping mall. The nasi ayam BBQ is highly recommended!

The next morning, had to wake up early. Went to Yakun for breakfast. Had roti kaya of course. After that, we went to Fort Canning. Minah & Omar dragged me to climb up the hill, with me wearing long skirt & high heels! But once you're up there, I felt worth it. The scenery was so beautiful, with the fresh air, and having Aaqil around was fun! There was this place called The Bunker -an underground station used by the British before surrendering to the Japanese on 15th Feb 1942 (if I'm not mistaken). I paid SGD8.00 for almost an hour journey inside the bunker. It actually shows you the scenario of what actully happened 24 hours before the surrender took place.

After that we went to Clark Quay. Took a boat ride from there to Esplanade - SGD5.00 only per person. That boat ride was fun! Since we arrived first and had to wait for Omar & Aaqil, we had ice-cream! Hmmm.... Then of course it was makan time. Thai place. Good food. You can get a good meal at SGD9.00, drink inclusive! Then I went shopping. Got myself a pair of shoe (kasut lagi!) a purse, and some pther stuffs. Tapi puas hati. Convert balik duit RM, masih berbaloi.

At night we went dinner at Boat Quay. Seafood at the Pier! Makan sampai perut penuh! Dengan perut kenyang, we went to Mustafa Centre. - a shopping mall that opens 24hours! Seriously. We were there around 1130pm and there were still very-very many people.

But my most puas hati thing was meeting Minah, Omar & Aaqil. Minah : Thanks a lot for having me at your very cozy house!!! Am planning to go again sometime very soon. Depending on my budget. But definately going with friends again in Dec 06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home